My dad Bill was über excited when he found out I started working at BareBones. Coming from a guy who does not get excited by much, I was intrigued.
He was downright giddy when he bounded upstairs and came back down with several garments. I was about to be schooled in 5.11 tactical gear.
With boyish enthusiasm he showed me the plethora of hidden document and tool pockets on his 5.11 wares, adding that they put these pockets in “darn near everything they make – backpacks and totes too!”
He also boasted of the 5.11 double-reinforced fabric on the knees of the pants and on the elbows on the shirts. He said between the insane quality of 5.11’s gear and BareBones’ prices, he saves an awful lot of money.
At BareBones, I had the pleasure of learning more about the quality of 5.11 and the range of their offerings. 5.11 has truly designed THE clothes and tools for anyone requiring incredibly durable and outright “working-practical” gear.
In fact, 5.11 consulted with EMTs, police officers and enlisted men & women in deciding how to design their gear. Need to decide where the pen holders go on an ambulance top? They asked them! How best to design medical and tactical bags for optimal versatility? They asked EMTs, officers, and soldiers!
Primary clothing and gear specs:
– All clothing designed for breathability and moisture wicking (socks too!)
– Quad-stitching on stress areas (elbows, knees, etc. – with crotch wear reinforcement offered on some pants)
– Heavy duty belts that have upwards of a 6000lb rating
– Creative & numerous hidden document pockets on shirts, pants & shorts
– Comfort designed undergarments and holsters for easy wear under heavy gear
– Premier law enforcement gear
– Premier military gear
– Premier fire professionals gear
– Premier emergency services gear